April 19, 2008
The Gift of Service
This morning about 9:15 I got a knock on the door and there were all of these wonderful youth from the stake smiling at me. They said they were here to do whatever I need them to do for me. I had a hard time thinking of what I needed to be done. 2 of the boys offered to trim my front bushes for me. I was a little scared to let them but they did an awesome job. Those bushes have just exploded recently so they needed a trim bad! The YW came inside and cleaned my baseboards for me and my blinds. They also picked up the kids rooms for me, swept the kitchen floor, and even pulled weeds in a neighbors yard. I am so greatful for the youth and their willingness to serve with a smile. They made a sign for my flower bed that says "We love our troops".





9 comments:
ASHLEY!
That is so sweet. So glad that you got some sweet service, what a great way to start the day. Thanks for the banana bread, it's SO YUMMY!
You should have had them paint your living room!
Emily,
Aren't they great? I totally would have had them paint my living room if I had the paint. I still need to buy it.
That is so nice! That saved a lot of work for you today!!!
the bushes look GREAT! next time send them over to my house too! tee hee, i'll pretend my hubbies overseas too! j/k
that didn't sound right, of course your hubby isn't pretending he's overseas, i'd pretend that mine would be!
That is so nice!!! I hope you had a relaxing morning because of it!
That's awesome...I'm glad you are being well watched over! Will you send them to my address it's 798 East...just kidding! That was very thoughtful of them!
WOW! What a great youth service project! I'm so glad they picked you! Hope things are going well... miss ya!
Post a Comment