Thursday, May 22, 2008

WELCOME HOME DADDY!!


After 4 long months Daddy has finally come home. We are all so happy he has come back safe. My Mom made the cutest welcome home sign for Chris and taped it on the garage. We came home and it was gone. We didn't see it anywhere in the neighborhood. I don't know what happened to it. The tape was still there but the sign was no where to be found. Some unknown person also left balloons and cute bell on the door and a welcome sign in the flower bed. Who ever you are, Thank you! After we left the airport Chris' mom treated us to SaltGrass Steakhouse so Chris could have a huge steak. He ate everybite even though he said he really wasn't that hungry.

9 comments:

Five Froggies said...

Awwww! Yay for having him back home! I can't even imagine doing it on my own for FOUR months.

-Laura- said...

Yea!!! I'm so glad for you guys! Welcome back Chris!

Hills said...

Welcome Home Chris!!! I bet that was a very exciting day! When Chad is gone 2 days I'm ecstatic when he comes home...cause than I get a break! Just kidding I do really miss him, but 4 months that's a long time and a heavy load for both of you! Chad's Dad served in the Airforce as a fighter pilot for many many years. When Chad was 6 weeks old his Dad left to Korea for a full year and then for Egypt for another 6 months! He was gone a lot throughout his marriage and Kay, his Mother, was left at home with 5 kids. I can't even imagine what that would be like. What an important and tough job you all have! Thanks for all you do!!! Love you!

Cindy said...

Glad Chris has arrived home safe and sound!

Stephanie said...

That's aweseme, yay!!! So glad he's back home safe. I don't know how you did it... its impressive to say the least. Have a great weekend!

Emily said...

YAY! I'm so glad he's back Ashley!

Is he so excited to get back into Nursery? ;)

Rachel said...

So glad you finally have your hubby back home! Let me know when you want me to babysit for date night! :) Who would steal a "welcome home" sign?? Kinda freaky...

Sarah said...

I'm so happy he made it home safe and sound. Maybe now you can get a little break from the kids. ;)

Heidi Peterson said...

yeah, welcome home, chris! better late than never:) cute pics of the kids, hard to believe how fast they grow up:)