Stitches
Hayden likes to help unload the dishwasher. I don't like him to help. Well, this morning, without me seeing him, he got a very sharp knife out of the dishwasher and walked into the family room with it. Elisabeth saw this and took it from him. She cut his fingers in the process of grabbing it. He was crying really bad and I didn't realize his fingers had been cut. I picked him up and I saw the blood. I just knew he would need stitches. I got dressed and got him dressed and ran over to the E-care place. Well, they don't open until 10. I wasn't about to wait over an hour and 1/2. I thought I would try PrimaCare and they were open. I waited 45 minutes and they finally called us back. The Dr looked at his fingers and said that I would need to take him to the emergency room. I was a little frustrated. So we drive to the hospital and I get him out of the car and realize that PrimaCare never gave me my insurance card and drivers license back. I was super ticked. I had to put him back into the car and drive back to get my cards and go back to the hospital. Anyway, he ended up getting 2 stitches on his middle finger. His other 2 fingers didn't need stitches. He is doing just fine. My mom told me that I should just hand wash the sharp knives and put them away. That's a great idea. Thanks Mom.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
so glad that hayden survived his knife attack. gotta love older helpers!!!
Oh, poor Hayden! And poor YOU! What a pain. Glad he's okay. Spencer loves to empty the dishwasher too, I usually put the knives away first thing, but now I'm going to EXTRA careful!
That is my biggest fear!!!! Kacey is just starting to go through everything. Glad the little guy is ok!
YIKES! Poor Hayden, and trauma for you too. Glad it all worked out okay.
Post a Comment